Latest News :
- Myanmar Airways to connect Yangon–Kolkata from Dec 1
- Brothers on world bicycle tour to protect environment, fight HIV/AIDS
- Nepal Airlines to fly to Dubai three times a week starting tomorrow
- Haritalika Teej 3- 5 September
- tourism memorial park in Kavre
- Tibet Overland Tour will begin from 1st Jun 2016 from Kerung border
- Kailash Yatra 2016
- Kailash Tour 2016 booking open
- Miyamoto report on Annapurna Nepal Now, latest facts
- National Geographic Photographer Accurately Sums Up Why Tourists Revisit Nepal
7 Day Bhutan Special Tours
7 days | Departs Kathmandu/ParoBhutan, located in the eastern Himalayas, borders China to the north and India to the south, east and west. The altitude varies from 300m (1000ft) in the narrow lowland region to 7000m (22,000ft) in the Himalayan plateau in the no ...read more
These days ots of the people want to travel there. With the transportation network build up, it is easier to get to Tibet with different access. Rail, road, air all are very convenient. The most popular way to enter Tibet now is taking the train-the sky train from Beijing and land cruiser drive from Kathmandu,Nepal . On the way to Lhasa from Beijing , you can enjoy the unique high land sceneries that you will miss by taking the flights, and at the same time, adjust yourself to the altitude gradually; the flight is faster and conveninet, but see less; hitting the road, it will take a longer time to get to Tibet and pretty tough. The biggest benefit is that you can spend more time at the wonderful scenaries and enjoy them all the way to Tibet.
Tibet also opens both international and domestic airlines. You can take the regular direct domestic flights from Kathmandu,Nepal (1 Hour) Chengdu (2hours' flying time), Beijing (6hrs), Shanghai(8hrs), Chongqing (2hrs), Xi’an (3hrs), Guangzhou(5hrs) and Kunming (4hrs)to Tibet. The international route is from Kathmandu 2hours flying (capital of Nepal). Gonggar Airport Tibet is at the Gongga County in the south of Lhasa 100 kilometers away. It takes around 2 hours’ driving from Lhasa with old road and one one hour with new road(55km).